About Me

My photo
I have two Bachelor of Arts' degrees from Southeast Missouri State University, an English degree with an option in Writing and a Mass Communication degree with an emphasis in Journalism. I also have a minor in Spanish. I am proficient in Spanish, AP Style, Microsoft Office Suite, Pages Office Suite, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop.

Is the Jesus We Think We Know the Real Jesus or our "Imaginary Jesus"?

Who is the real Jesus? Matt Mikalatos answers that very question in his novel My Imaginary Jesus.

Matt, the main character, has coffee with a man claiming to be Jesus but suddenly the Apostle Peter shows up and tells him he's wrong, and a lot of people pretend to be Jesus.

Matt and Peter decide to go on a chase for the real Jesus, the powerful Son of God as revealed in the Word. Matt realizes that the Jesus he's been picturing and following are not the real Jesus, but the Jesus he wants. As he searches for the real Jesus, he finally understands.

This book was hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing. It was clever, well-written and amazing. The truth in it made me think, Is this how I view Jesus sometimes? This definitely isn't the right way to view Jesus. I know that readers will find something amazing in this book and definitely get something out of it. Even if you think you won't like it, trust me, you will.