About Me

My photo
I have two Bachelor of Arts' degrees from Southeast Missouri State University, an English degree with an option in Writing and a Mass Communication degree with an emphasis in Journalism. I also have a minor in Spanish. I am proficient in Spanish, AP Style, Microsoft Office Suite, Pages Office Suite, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop.

Promise Me This

I got this book for free as a promo for my Mac's Kindle, since I don't have an e-reader yet. I read it online and actually I liked it.

This is a story about Annie and Michael. Then fourteen-year-old Annie's brother Owen leaves his aunt's estate in England to travel to America against his aunt's wishes. He meets fifteen-year-old Michael Dunnigan, an abused and mistreated Irish boy who sneaks on board the ill-fated ship Titanic  to escape his cruel uncle, who sold him to an equally cruel man in exchange for the uncle's ticket on the ship. On the voyage, Owen dies but Michael lives, and he promises to take care of Annie and Owen's other relatives. The two exchange letters until WWI, when Annie's letters stop and Michael, to keep his promise, decides to find her.

A sweet and touching book, packed with truths. It deals with orphans, the war, guilt, promises, and keeping those promises. A book released right around the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic, a disaster that made history and led to important changes and increased safety, and also a book that touches on the Great War and those affected by it.