About Me

My photo
I have two Bachelor of Arts' degrees from Southeast Missouri State University, an English degree with an option in Writing and a Mass Communication degree with an emphasis in Journalism. I also have a minor in Spanish. I am proficient in Spanish, AP Style, Microsoft Office Suite, Pages Office Suite, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop.

Michelle Cox's 'Just 18 Summers'

After Jenny's tragic end, the rest of the characters in "Just 18 Summers" respond in various ways to the idea of death that her dying has brought up to them.

A wife, mother, and sister, Jenny left behind a distraught husband and children. Even her sister must learn to cope with the aftermath of her sister's passing.

The novel has four families at various stages of raising children. Butch is a single dad. The Buckleys give their children everything but nothing important. The O'Reillys are expecting their first child. The Andersons are near the empty nest stage of life. Each family's story is connected somehow.

This story connected to me because I'm starting my family, since I just got married in June. We want to have children, and reading this really helped me to understand what's important and what's not. I definitely recommend this book to everyone.